Image 1 of 1
Exterior view of the Bapristry and Duomo cathedral of Pisa, Italy . The Pisa Baptistery of St. John is a Roman Catholic ecclesiastical building in Pisa, Italy. Construction started in 1152 to replace an older baptistery, and when it was completed in 1363, it became the second building, in chronological order, in the Piazza dei Miracoli, near the Duomo di Pisa . The largest baptistery in Italy, it is 54.86 m high, with a diameter of 34.13 m. The Pisa Baptistery is an example of the transition from the Romanesque style to the Gothic style: the lower section is in the Romanesque style, with rounded arches, while the upper sections are in the Gothic style, with pointed arches. The Baptistery is constructed of marble, as is common in Italian architecture.
- © 2021 Photographer Paul E Williams all rights reserved
- Image Size
- 6048x4032 / 13.0MB
- Contained in galleries
- World Heritage Sites - Pisa - Pictures, Images & Photos -, Pisa Romanesque Cathedral & Byzantine Mosaics - Italy |